Contact Dr. Truchan
Lisa Truchan, MD
Dr. Lisa Truchan is an Orthopaedic Trauma surgeon. Dr. Truchan graduated with a B.S. in Biology in 1993 from the University of Michigan – Flint. She completed medicalschool and residency at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. After residency, Dr. Truchan completed her fellowship in Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery at Vanderbilt University. In 2005, Dr. Truchan joined the faculty at the University of Arizona in Tucson.
Dr. Truchan joined Sonoran Orthopaedics in 2021 where she treats adult and pediatric patients with acute fractures of the extremities and pelvis. She also takes care of complications that may arise from injuries including mal-unions, non-unions,amputations, and infections. Her elective specialties include pediatric fracture care both operative and nonoperative, as well as complex limb salvage for traumatic injuries (adult and pediatric).
Fellowships & Certifications
Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, 2009
Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN
Faculty Positions and Associations
- Assistant Professor, University of Arizona, Tucson 2005 – 2015
- Associate Professor, University of Arizona, Tucson 2015 – 2021
- Director of Pediatric Orthopaedic Trauma, University of Arizona, Tucson 2013 – 2021
- Medical Student Program Director Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Arizona, Tucson 2009 – 2021
Awards and Recognitions
- Educator of the Year Award, University of Arizona Department of Orthopaedic Surgery 2019
- Hands off Award, University of Arizona Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2020
- Caregiver of the Month Award, University of Arizona, November 2012
- Rookie of the Year Award, University of Arizona Department of Orthopaedic Surgery 2006
Dr. Truchan serves these locations:
Tucson, AZ 85712
We stand for excellence and set the standard for advanced techniques in orthopaedic surgery and fast track rehab to get our patients up and moving quickly and safely.
3126 N. Civic Center Plaza Scottsdale, AZ 85251
PHONE: (480) 874-2040
FAX (480) 874-2041